April 16, 2016

A Day at the Refuge

I wrote in my March Recap and April Goals post that I wanted to go to some place that I have never been before around the Starkville area. So today I got up, went to a local coffee shop, and set out to the Noxubee National Wildlife Refuge.
I didn't really know where I was going once I got there to be honest. The place is huge and I didn't even know where to begin. So I just kept driving until I saw a sign (literally). So I kept passing signs that had different trails on them and then I saw a sign that said, "The Red Woodpecker Trail" and so I stopped. It was awesome! I was super paranoid about seeing a snake or something haha but I just tried not to think about it. I kept seeing weird animal footprints so I just hurried along until I found a cool boardwalk.














It was beautiful! It just felt nice being alone and just being around nature. It is a day that I will always remember!  (all of these pictures were taken with my iPhone)

No comments

Post a Comment

© Hannahliz
Maira Gall